This is one of my family’s favorite recipes, even though it’s “just a sandwich.” Until about a month ago, I thought my mom had created this sandwich specifically for my dad and named it after him. My sisters, mom, and I were always labeled “Charlie’s angels,” so I just figured the sandwich was just following suit in the “Charlie’s *insert something here*” labeling game.
I was wrong.
Apparently she got the name and recipe from someone else, but it doesn’t make it any less tasty and I still think about my dad every time I make these.
This sandwich has the perfect combination of crunchiness, cheesiness, and tangy zip. They are so fast, easy, and tasty! And I only have to use one pan. Less dishes is always a plus in my book!
- 4 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs Miracle Whip
- salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and scramble until the eggs are no longer liquidy.
- Remove the pan from heat, sprinkle the cheese on the eggs, and cover.
- While the cheese is melting, toast the bread.
- When the bread is ready, spread Miracle Whip evenly on all four slices.
- Divide the eggs in two and place half of them on one piece of bread and half on another and top with the remaining two slices of bread.