This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
So, I avoided stew for years. Until a few weeks ago when a friend subtly hinted, “Did you know that beef stew is one of my favorite foods? You know, you could make it sometime and that would be okay…”
Hint taken. And so, I went back to the drawing board. I picked out the ingredients and techniques I liked the best and put them all together and created our very own beef stew.
And let me tell you, I have fallen in love with it! I live in Arizona, so the temperatures are still quite high. Now every time I feel even the slightest degree drop, I get the urge to make this stew again!
This is the absolute perfect meal for a cool day! The smell of it cooking in the crockpot all day is just divine and it is comfort food to the max! It is warm, chunky, flavorful, and SO filling! Nothing grainy, mushy, or under-seasoned – just a bowl of steaming hot broth, tender beef, and a lovely medley of onion, carrot, and potato.
- 1 1/2 lbs stew meat, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 5 red potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 packet beef stew seasoning
- Put beef in crockpot. Sprinkle the flour in and stir to coat the meat.
- Add all other ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove bay leaf and serve!