These Crustless Mini Quiche Bites are the perfect healthy breakfast that is packed with protein to keep you full all morning long.
Since I’ve been on my new health kick (you know…all 12 days of it…), I’ve been trying to find better breakfast options that will keep me full.
As much as I love my peanut butter Nature Valley granola bars and Yoplait Light, I need variety in my life. Or at least in my breakfasts. I am really, really, really not a morning person, so preparing something the morning of is not really a possibility. I pretty much roll out of bed, throw on my clothes, and slump over my desk for an hour in a zombie-like state before I am capable of having an intelligible conversation.
I needed an option that was either ready-to-eat or that I could make ahead of time and just reheat at work.I haven’t frozen these yet, but from the refrigerator, I reheat four of them for 40 seconds on 50% power.
There are only 102 calories in 4 bites, but 6 grams of protein (per My Fitness Pal‘s calculator), which has been helping me stay full enough to survive until lunch time. It’s been hit and miss in the past. Most days I’ve had to scarf down Goldfish while the kids are at recess and come up with ways to cover up the sound of my stomach growling while the kids are silently reading.
And, you know, it always helps if it’s bite-sized. 🙂
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup red peppers, finely diced
- 1/4 cup orange peppers, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk all ingredients, except for the red and orange peppers, together.
- Distribute the red and orange peppers into a greased mini muffin tin.
- Spoon egg mixture over the peppers (about 1 Tbs into each cup).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.