I love potatoes. In a big way. Especially fried…or covered in cheese.
But since I’ve been trying to lose weight, I’ve been trying really, really hard to stay away from fried things…and excessive amounts of cheese.
These are delicious and they totally satisfy my potato craving! I can eat 4 bites for 120 calories, which means I can either eat even more of them or have plenty of calories left to come up with something else fun to eat with these. I am so in love with these little guys that fill me up and make me feel like I’m eating more than I actually am.
I liked them plenty plain or topped with a little sour cream. Either way, they were the perfect comfort food for Sunday dinner!
- 2 medium russet potatoes, baked
- 3 Tbs fat free sour cream
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbs all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the potatoes in a medium bowl.
- With a fork, mix in all other ingredients.
- Scoop mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup with about 1 Tbs of potato and lightly press to compact.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until lightly browned.