You know what doesn’t help you lose weight? Hollandaise sauce. I thought it would go perfectly with these bites…and it does….but you know how some things are just ruined when you figure out how they’re made? I had never made a hollandaise sauce before. I knew it wasn’t a healthy sauce, but did you know that the primary ingredient is butter? I will most likely still order it at restaurants on occasion (I can’t give up the Egg & I’s Cambridge Skillet forever!), but I don’t think I’ll be making it at home anymore.
But the quinoa bites? I’ll definitely be making them again. I love that these little guys let me incorporate ham, chicken, and cheese, but still keep the calorie count pretty low. And I love that I can have all of the flavors of chicken cordon bleu without having to flatten and stuff a chicken breast!
Now, I’m off to throw the 70 billionth load of laundry in the washer and cook corned beef and cabbage hash to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day appropriately. 😉
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I cook mine in chicken broth)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 stalks green onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 cup finely diced ham
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cooken chicken
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Nutritional Information for 4 bites: Calories - 131, Fiber - 1g, Fat - 6g, Protein - 10g, Calcium - 11g, Carbs - 9