I have never made a pasta salad before. I actually love eating pasta salad, but every time I think about making it myself, it just seems wrong, because when I cook pasta, it just seems like it should be eaten warm. Preferably with Alfredo sauce. But apparently when someone else makes it, it’s okay, because deli pasta salads and church potluck pasta salads and baby shower pasta salads are all amazing.
So, I decided to break my own rule. I’m throwing a baby shower for my dear friend tomorrow and I was trying to come up with food that I could connect with Bible stories. I have tons of stuff from “David & Goliath” rock candy to “Jonah & the Whale” Goldfish crackers, but when I was wracking my brain for a food to connect to the parable of the mustard seed, honey mustard pasta salad was the first thing that came to mind.
I’m so glad it did! It was fast, easy, and I was able to make it ahead of time. The fresh vegetables add a lovely crunch and a fantastically fresh flavor. And it gave me an excuse to use honey mustard. I love honey mustard.
Honey Mustard Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cup honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 lb corkscrew pasta, cooked and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 3 Tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.
Nutritional Information for a 1 cup serving per My Fitness Pal: Calories - 229, Fiber - 2g, Fat - 3g, Protein - 8g, Calcium - 5mg, Carbs - 40g