Sometimes, I just get in the mood for a fancy breakfast. I suppose there are different levels of “fancy” for different people, but anything more intensive than cereal or yogurt counts as a fancy breakfast to me.
And, you know, adding maple flavoring to just about anything makes it pretty special, so I did just that.
I had a loaf of French bread leftover from the French bread pizza I made the other night and all of the other ingredients were in the house as well, which also made this a fast and easy breakfast (but still fancy).
I tried it both with and without syrup and both ways are entirely delicious.
I will definitely be adding this to my favorite breakfast recipes.
All things maple. <3
- 8 slices of French bread
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp maple flavoring (I use Mapleine! Love the stuff!)
- Preheat griddle to 325 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, and maple flavoring with a fork.
- Dip one piece of French bread into the egg mixture at a time, letting each side soak for a few seconds.
- Grease griddle, if it is not non-stick.
- Place dipped French bread onto heated griddle.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until browned.