We ended up eating Red Robin for dinner instead of grilling ourselves, but I did think up a fun dessert to have with it! Because, honestly, I run because I love to eat. And I love to eat Snickers. And Rice Krispy Treats. And combining things you love makes them doubly as delicious (err…with some things, anyways), so that’s exactly what I did!
I tried to take the flavors of a Snickers bar, along with actual Snickers bars, to come up with a new take on Rice Krispy Treats…and, boy, did it work! Between the sweet caramel topping, the crunchy honey roasted peanuts, and the drizzle of chocolate on top, I think we captured the Snickers essence!
Seriously. Try them.
I initially cut them into 12 pieces, but they are definitely rich enough that you can cut them much smaller! After our first pieces, I went back and each piece in half or fourths, depending on the size of the piece. Have I mentioned I’m not exactly an even cutter? I save the big pieces for the people that are nicest to me.
Snickers Rice Krispy Treats
- Yield: 12
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 2 Snickers bars, chopped
- 3 Tbs semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add caramel topping and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies until evenly coated.
- Stir in the peanuts and chopped Snickers bars.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 pan and press lightly with a greased spatula to pack.
- Melt chocolate chips, drizzle over treats, and let cool.