After over a month of living primarily off of fast food, it is so refreshing to finally have a house full of fresh food again! And, the biggest bonus of all – we’re in our new house. Meaning, we actually have space. I have a fruit bowl. On the counter. And there’s still plenty of cooking counter space left for food prep. Who knew these things were possible?!
These spinach Parmesan bites are the inaugural first quinoa bite recipe made in the new house. *enter dramatic music*
These babies pack a big Parmesan punch, which complements the more subtle flavor of the baby spinach perfectly. We ate them alongside a creamy cauliflower soup, but we ended up making the quinoa bites the entree and the soup the side dish – we just couldn’t stop eating them!
Spinach Parmesan Quinoa Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I cook mine in chicken broth)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.