I finally checked this one off my to do list!
It has been the object of my procrastination for half of January, but I have finally checked the box and am so glad I did! In the midst of some fast food runs and a few too many desserts, we were in dire need of some vegetables and whole grains and this was the perfect vehicle for both of them.
These little things are healthy, easy to throw together, and incorporate a lot of broccoli in a way that’s much more appealing than straight veggies (to us!).
Broccoli Cheese Quinoa Bites
- Yield: 36
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, finely diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Each bite contains :[br]Calories – 67, Fat – 3g, Protein – 3g, Carbs – 7g