I scribbled out food doodles, played with recipes, wrote up grocery lists and made it happen!
And…it certainly helped my productivity to have a four-day weekend (in Tucson, we actually get days off of school for the rodeo – crazy, but a very welcome break!).
For this recipe, I decided to combine three of my favorite things: cake, cheesecake, and caramel.
Whether you eat it layer-by-layer or you mix it all together, this one’s a winner!
I used 8 oz mason jars, but you could use regular glasses, wine glasses…anything you’d like! But I’m totally in a mason jar phase. Everything tastes better in a cute little wide-mouthed vessel.
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 (16.25 oz) box white cake mix, prepared according to packaged directions, adding 10 drops green food coloring, and cut into small cubes
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Green and yellow sprinkles, optional
- Beat cream cheese in an electric mixer. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and whipping cream and whip on medium-high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Transfer cheesecake mixture to a piping bag.
- Drizzle about 1/2 tsp caramel topping in the bottom of the mason jars or glasses.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cake cubes on top of the caramel.
- Pipe 1/4 cup of the cheesecake mixture into the jars.
- Repeat the caramel, then cake, then cheesecake layers.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired.