This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
I took Boots to Petsmart yesterday. I was looking for rawhide twists, so that I could give him his nightly treats at bedtime. Have you been down a dog treat aisle recently? It sounds way more like human food than dog food to me! They still have the weird ones like liver, but they also have sausage slices, beef and rice, chicken meatballs, and beef jerky. Seriously?
I think the dog may be eating better than I am…and I just can’t let that happen.
So, I decided to make turkey burgers. Big, juicy, barbecue sauce-dripping, cheese-oozing turkey burgers.
They’re super easy, too. Toss the ingredients into a bowl. Mix it together. Shape into patties. Cook.
Seriously, that’s it. You could certainly just add white cheddar cheese slices on top, like you would on a normal cheeseburger, but this way, I was able to use less cheese, but still give consistent cheesiness to the whole burger (see that melted cheese along the edge of the burger? Yum.).
Also, these are big burgers. I wanted to make the burger patties as big as the hamburger buns we’d bought (does anyone else have bun to burger ratio issues?), so know that you could make 3, if not 4, smaller burgers from this mixture if you wanted to!
But, if you’re jonesing for a big ol’ burger like we were, go with two. Really. So, so worth it.Print
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbs BBQ sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese chunks
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 hamburger buns
- optional toppings: lettuce, tomato, barbecue sauce
- Combine all ingredients, except hamburger bun and toppings, in a mixing bowl.
- Divide meat mixture in half.
- Gently shape each piece into a patty.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and place burgers into skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes, then remove from skillet and place onto hamburger bun.
- Top with desired toppings.