I had some people over earlier this week. I had originally planned on about 5 and that number quickly jumped up to 15, meaning I quickly had to go back to the drawing board for my dinner plan. As I was planning, I knew I wanted to have a couple of fun desserts and, since it’s been 95ish degrees around here, I wanted to have a summery dessert.
There are few things that are more summery than s’mores! And then I remembered I’ve already done a S’more Brownie and…I just didn’t feel like making that one.
And then I remembered that I’d finally found Kraft’s Mallow Bits in the grocery store last week…
and it was destiny.
These are super simple to make! Use a boxed brownie mix, adding an extra egg yolk to the batter for extra fudginess. Bake it for half the cooking time, then take it out of the oven to sprinkle on the good stuff.
I used honey graham sticks that I broke in half, but you could use broken graham cracker bits or Teddy Grahams (these were actually what I was planning to use, but I saw the sticks first!).
Then add some chocolate chips, or chocolate chunks, or chocolate bar pieces…whatever floats your boat!
And then add the mallow bits and finish baking it up.
The marshmallows will start to get just a hint of golden brown, the chocolate chips will melt, and it turns into simple s’morificness.
- 1 box family size (13x9) brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups honey graham cracker sticks, broken in half
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup vanilla Mallow Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together brownie mix, water, vegetable oil, eggs, and egg yolk.
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9 glass pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle brownies with graham cracker sticks, chocolate chips, and Mallow Bits. Press them gently into the batter.
- Bake for another 13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cutting these with a serrated knife helps to cut through the graham cracker sticks!