My parents are here!
The dogs are in doggy heaven from the constant petting, playing, and walks they’re enjoying from these two.
We’ve already taken them to one of our favorite Tucson restaurants (The Hub), seen Monster’s University (so cute!), and my dad’s already washed a load of dishes, fixed our garbage disposal, and our silverware drawer.
The man is good.
I adore having them here, but we’re always sad when part of the family is left behind. Both of my sisters, my niece, nephew, and brother-in-law are all back in Colorado and I’m missing them something awful, despite the Skype date I’ve already had with them.
This recipe is dedicated to my oldest sister, Karen.
The girl loves eating dry brownie mix straight out of the box. I can’t really blame her, the stuff tastes good.
And then I took it one step further and added baked brownie pieces.
Oi, the stuff is addicting.
Brownie Batter Puppy Chow Recipe
- Yield: 5
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
- 10 oz (5 squares) vanilla flavored Almond Bark
- 2 cups boxed dry brownie mix
- vegetable oil, optional
- prepared brownie pieces, optional
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable oil to thin if desired.
- Pour the cereal into a paper bag or container with a lid.
- Drizzle melted Almond Bark over the cereal and stir until all Chex is coated.
- Add the dry brownie mix.
- Fold down the top of the paper bag or put the lid on the container.
- Shake bag or container until the cereal is evenly coated.