The other day, it donned on me that I have already been living in my new house for a few weeks and I hadn’t baked any quinoa bites yet.
Tragic! Unacceptable! And a problem that had to be remedied immediately.
So, I did just that.
As quinoa bites always are, these are really fast to whip up. Other than cooking the quinoa and chopping the basil, it’s really just about pouring all of the ingredients into the bowl. Easy peasy (except there are no peas involved here. Sorry.).
And I tried using the silicone mini muffin liners with them for the first time! Huge success! The quinoa bites pop right out afterward.
The fresh basil makes these taste fresh and summery and the mozzarella melts into a cheesy state of perfection.
I dipped these in marinara when I ate these for dinner last night, but I didn’t miss the sauce at all when I ate them plain for lunch today! Next time, I may even add some finely diced tomatoes into the bites themselves.
- 2 c. cooked quinoa (I cook mine in low sodium chicken broth)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1/2 c. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. Panko breadcrumbs
- marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients, except for marinara sauce.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (~1 heaping Tbs each).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.