These delicious and protein-packed quinoa bites are super easy to throw together and make for a perfect game day appetizer or make-ahead lunch.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Cheese and bacon are a little bit like magical fairy dust. It’s one of those winning combinations that can take something ordinary (like a hamburger) and transform it into something completely extraordinary (helllooo, bacon cheeseburger!). *poof*
Add them to your pretzel bites, your scrambled eggs, your baked potatoes, and your soup for mouthwatering deliciousness – *poof*!
And while you’re at it, you should seriously add them to your quinoa bites!
Quinoa bites have become my go-to dish for everything – potlucks, small groups, lunches, breakfasts, parties – you name it!
There is a quinoa bite for every occasion.
You can make them ahead of time and freeze them so you can grab them on the go. There are no complicated steps – cook quinoa, stir in other ingredients, scoop, & bake.
- I use store-bought bacon bits like these (the real kind, not the fake chewy red cardboard pieces). You could totally make them yourself, but it’s an extra step I don’t always have time for.
- Same with the shredded cheese. I use pre-shredded cheese because it’s easy to grab, but you can absolutely grate it fresh. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t, depending on how much time I have.
- Add the cheese while the quinoa is still warm. It melts it and helps the bite stick together in the most lovely kind of way!
- Have some sort of dipping sauce. Even if you don’t make this Sriracha Ranch sauce, half the fun of quinoa bites is dipping them!
- Use a cookie scoop. If you don’t already have one, get one! It is one of my favorite kitchen tools and it makes these so easy!
These are crowd-pleasers with kids and adults alike. Partly because of the cheese and bacon (*poof*!), but partly because everyone loves quinoa bites!
They would make an awesome Superbowl snack, but they great to grab just about any time.
Happy quinoa bite making!
Cheesy Bacon Quinoa Bites Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: ~35 bites
- 2/3 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. real bacon bits
- 1 stalk green onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbs Panko bread crumbs
Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing
- 2 Tbs Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Sriracha
For the Quinoa Bites
- Add quinoa and chicken broth to a medium sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop to make bites and put on silicone baking sheet 1″ apart OR distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), pressing gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Stir together all three ingredients.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.