These delicious and protein-packed quinoa bites are super easy to throw together and make for a perfect game day appetizer or make-ahead lunch.
*This post contains affiliate links.
Cheese and bacon are a little bit like magical fairy dust. It’s one of those winning combinations that can take something ordinary (like a hamburger) and transform it into something completely extraordinary (helllooo, bacon cheeseburger!). *poof*
Add them to your pretzel bites, your scrambled eggs, your baked potatoes, and your soup for mouthwatering deliciousness – *poof*!
And while you’re at it, you should seriously add them to your quinoa bites!
Quinoa bites have become my go-to dish for everything – potlucks, small groups, lunches, breakfasts, parties – you name it!
There is a quinoa bite for every occasion.
You can make them ahead of time and freeze them so you can grab them on the go. There are no complicated steps – cook quinoa, stir in other ingredients, scoop, & bake.
- I use store-bought bacon bits like these (the real kind, not the fake chewy red cardboard pieces). You could totally make them yourself, but it’s an extra step I don’t always have time for.
- Same with the shredded cheese. I use pre-shredded cheese because it’s easy to grab, but you can absolutely grate it fresh. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t, depending on how much time I have.
- Add the cheese while the quinoa is still warm. It melts it and helps the bite stick together in the most lovely kind of way!
- Have some sort of dipping sauce. Even if you don’t make this Sriracha Ranch sauce, half the fun of quinoa bites is dipping them!
- Use a cookie scoop. If you don’t already have one, get one! It is one of my favorite kitchen tools and it makes these so easy!
These are crowd-pleasers with kids and adults alike. Partly because of the cheese and bacon (*poof*!), but partly because everyone loves quinoa bites!
They would make an awesome Superbowl snack, but they great to grab just about any time.
Happy quinoa bite making!
- 2/3 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 c. real bacon bits
- 1 stalk green onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbs Panko bread crumbs
Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tbs ranch dressing
- 2 Tbs Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Sriracha
For the Quinoa Bites
- Add quinoa and chicken broth to a medium sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop to make bites and put on silicone baking sheet 1″ apart OR distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), pressing gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce
- Stir together all three ingredients.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.