My life is not perfect. In fact, I am writing this in the middle of a pretty stressful week. My brain is fried, my thoughts are scattered, I have deadlines looming over my head, and I’m feeling a bit like one of those stretchy rubber toys being pulled in (at least) four different directions all at once.
But it’s in times like these that I think it’s most important to count my blessings. Not just to do my Christian duty of having a thankful heart to God, but to relive, recapture, and refocus on the most important things.
Connection. Grace. Peace. Laughter. Stillness.
So, here I am, with a warm cup of chamomile honey & vanilla tea in one of my favorite mugs gifted to me by one of my dearest friends – the one that boasts “hope” in scripty letters across the front with an almost hidden end to the phrase on the inside of the rim – “…is eternal.” Raindrops slowly skate down the windowpane next to me and, though I get easily distracted (okay, more like completely and utterly overwhelmed) by doubt, worry, and stress, I just can’t help but smile and breathe easier when I count my blessings.
Blessings of the Week
1. When my mom and I got back from our run the other day, I took off my shoes and discovered my big toe sticking out of a large hole in my running socks. Bummer, right? Except that my mom bought me new running socks before our next run. Blessed.
2. These two squirrely, joyful, sweet balls of energy and giggles. They light up my life and I love being their Aunt Becky. Blessed.
3. Sampler platters. It gives me such joy to try all kinds of new foods! This was from a Nepalese restaurant we went to, so I was able to try cherry naan, lamb stew, lentil soup, tandoori chicken, chickpea masala, tikka masala, rice pudding, and the most amazing chai tea. Blessed.
4. This guy. Spending time with him is such a great stress relief for me. And the gorgeous Rocky Mountains sure don’t hurt either! Blessed.
5. Silly selfies with her adorable tooth gap.
(Sidenote – Please, stop growing up so fast!) Blessed.
6. March showers bringing pre-April flowers. Seeing bursts of color springing up after the cold and snow of winter makes my heart so happy. Blessed.
7. A surprise breakfast sandwich made by my brother-in-law. Having someone make you a warm breakfast is blessing enough, but when it is just an unexpected random act of kindness…well, that’s just pretty special. Blessed.
8. Warm evenings spent out on the porch swing with a mug of tea and my Pandora worship station playing while watching the sunset…with my favorite furry companion, of course.
And there were probably about 1,000 little things in between that I am just incredibly thankful for, I just didn’t take pictures of them all!
What was your biggest blessing this week?