- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c. molasses
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in vanilla, egg, and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and stir until combined.
- Scoop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet into rounded tablespoon-sized balls.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cookies sit on the pan for 2-3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.