This Instant Pot Pasta Fagioli Recipe is packed full of meat, pasta, vegetables, and beans for a healthy and hearty soup.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 4 c. low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 1 c. Ditalini pasta
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 (15.5oz) can dark kidney beans
- 1 (15.5oz) can cannellini beans
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbs Italian seasoning
- 1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes w/ basil & oregano (with liquid)
- 1 (15oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Press the “Sauté” button on your Instant Pot. After it has preheated, pour in olive oil and add onion, ground beef, and garlic.
- Brown meat until cooked, stirring frequently. Press the cancel button and make sure that nothing is stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan, making sure nothing is stuck to the bottom (this prevents the “Burn” notice).
- Add the pasta, carrot, zucchini, beans, rosemary, and Italian seasoning and stir.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and do NOT stir. Set the bay leaf on top.
- Close the lid, make sure your valve is set to “Sealing”, and set the machine to high pressure, setting the time to 3 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 3 minutes, then carefully quick release the remaining pressure. For soups and pasta, I always open the vent slowly, just a little bit at a time, and almost pulse the valve to better control the pressure release in the beginning.
- Remove the bay leaf, stir, and serve.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points:
5 points/serving with lean ground beef
2 points/serving with lean ground turkey breast