This lighter macaroni salad is made healthier by using whole wheat pasta, Greek yogurt, & lots of fresh veggies. The perfect healthy side dish for a picnic!
For the Salad
- 4 c. uncooked whole wheat macaroni noodles
- 1 c. finely diced cucumber
- 1 c. finely diced celery
- 1 c. finely diced carrot
- 4 stalks diced green onion
For the Dressing
- 1 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 1 c. light sour cream
- 1/2 c. sweet pickle relish
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add macaroni and vegetables. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving (I prefer overnight!).