- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs flour
- 4 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cube low sodium chicken bouillon
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook bacon in a stock pot until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside. Drain all but 3 tablespoons of the grease.
- Add green onions and garlic and saute in the bacon grease for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking to incorporate. Add the chicken bouillon.
- While stirring, heat until the mixture boils and begins to thicken.
- Add the cubed potatoes and half of the cooked bacon.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture, as desired. (I blended mine for about 30 seconds and there were very few large chunks of potato)
- Stir in white pepper, salt, paprika, corn, and sour cream.
- Serve, topping with sour cream, bacon, cheese, and green onions, as desired.