This Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese is an easy and healthy spin on the classic comfort food, making a festive Fall side dish.
- 1 medium (~4 cups) butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1” cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 5 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 (13.25oz) box uncooked whole wheat macaroni
- 8 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add squash, onion, garlic, broth, and spices into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Blend with an immersion blender (or in small batches in a regular blender) until smooth.
- Add pasta and cook on high for 30 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.
- Add salt and pepper and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Serving Size: 6-8 servings