I am a wimp when it comes to spice. Okay, I’m a wimp when it comes to other things, too. I can’t handle scary movies. Or books. I freak out when I see a cockroach. I can’t lift heavy things.
But, in this case, my wimpy-ness came up because I can’t handle buffalo chicken. It took me years to be able to tolerate mild salsa. Yes, I’m serious. Green chiles, too.
But, buffalo chicken has become such a popular flavor that it just begged to be turned into a quinoa bite!
Quinoa Bites FAQsStill have more questions? Check out the Quinoa Bites FAQs page for more answers to the most commonly asked questions.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (we used Frank's)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), and press down gently to compact.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Nutritional Information for 4 bites per My Fitness Pal: Calories - 109, Fiber - 1, Fat - 4, Protein - 8, Calcium - 6, Carbs - 11