I actually cheat a little bit to make the filling process a little bit easier. I mix the ground beef (or chicken) into the sour cream mixture and I don’t put cheese inside of the tortillas, I just sprinkle all of it on top. I also like to add a little bit of ground pepper into the sour cream.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup green onions, chopped
- 4-8 oz diced green chiles
- 1 lb cooked chicken or ground beef
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 flour tortillas
- Mix sour cream, soup, onions, and chiles.
- Spread 1 Tbs on each tortilla; add 1 Tbs chicken or beef; sprinkle with 1 Tbs cheese.
- Roll up tortilla and place in greased 9 x 13" pan. When all are done, spread the rest of sour cream mixture on top of enchiladas. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.