Read these Bible verses about harvest to see what God’s Word has to say about reaping a harvest – bearing spiritual fruit, diligence, endurance, and more.
The Fall season is a wonderful time to incorporate Bible verses about harvest into your personal quiet time, as well as in ministry studies and activities that you’re involved in.
As the season changes from summer to autumn, we have a beautiful metaphor for the necessary changes that we experience in life.
Just like there is a time for the farmer to sow and a time to reap a harvest, there are seasons where we will sow diligently, and may not see the fruit of our labor, but soon the seasons will change and harvest will come.
The analogy of harvesting can be used for many different parts of our lives, whether that is in our relationships, our jobs, or personal goals. But it is especially applicable to our spiritual lives, as we abide in Christ, and bear fruit.
I hope that these harvest Bible verses will encourage you not to grow weary in the seasons of plowing the soil and sowing the seeds, because, in due time, you will reap a harvest if you don’t give up.
25 Bible Verses About Harvest
1. Matthew 9:37 – The Harvest Is Plentiful But The Workers Are Few
Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
2. 2 Corinthians 9:10 – He Will Enlarge The Harvest Of Your Righteousness
Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.
3. Hebrews 12:11 – Discipline Produces A Harvest Of Righteousness
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
4. Luke 10:2 – Ask The Lord Of The Harvest To Send Out Workers Into His Harvest Field
He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.
5. Revelation 14:15 – The End Times When The Harvest Of The Earth Is Ripe
Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, “Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.”
6. Leviticus 19:9-10 – Be Generous With Your Harvest
When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.
7. Jeremiah 17:7-8 – Those Who Trust In The Lord Will Be Like A Tree Who Never Fails To Bear Fruit
But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.
8. Matthew 13:23 – Those Who Hear And Understand The Word Produce A Crop
But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
9. Proverbs 10:5 – He Who Gathers Crops In The Summer Is Wise
He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.
10. John 4:35 – The Fields Are Already Ripe For Harvest
Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
11. Joel 3:13 – Swing The Sickle For The Harvest Is Ripe
Swing the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, trample the grapes, for the winepress is full and the vats overflow- so great is their wickedness!”
12. Matthew 3:8 – Produce Fruit That Are Evident Of Repentance
Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.
13. Genesis 8:22 – As Long As The Earth Endures Seedtime And Harvest Never Cease
“As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”
14. John 4:36 – The Reaper Harvests The Crop For Eternal Life
Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
15. Galatians 6:9 – In The Proper Time We Will Reap A Harvest If We Do Not Give Up
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
16. John 15:8 – Glorify God By Bearing Much Fruit
This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
17. Proverbs 20:4 – Those Who Do Not Plow In Season Find Nothing At Harvest Time
Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing.
18. Psalm 85:12 – God Will Give What Is Good
The LORD will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.
19. Exodus 34:21 – Even During The Plowing Season And Harvest You Must Rest
Six days you shall labor, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even during the plowing season and harvest you must rest.
20. Matthew 13:30 – God Allows The Wheat And Weed To Grow Together For A Time
Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.
21. James 3:18 – Those Who Sow In Peace Reap A Harvest Of Righteousness
Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
22. John 15:16 – He Chose You So That You Might Go And Bear Fruit
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.
23. Psalm 107:37 – Sowing Fields That Yield A Fruitful Harvest
They sowed fields and planted vineyards that yielded a fruitful harvest;
24. John 15:1-11 – He Is The Vine And You Are The Branches
“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
25. Matthew 13:36-43 – The Parable Of The Weeds In The Field
Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field.”
He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil.
The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels. “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil.
They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Whoever has ears, let them hear.