My mom makes the best dirt cake on the planet. I used to request it every year for my birthday and she used to make it in a flower pot with fake flowers and little gummy worms. I miss those days…One time a friend told me that we were eating dirt cake at her house. It was just Oreo crumbs and chocolate pudding – not even close to the same thing!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 stick margarine
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 6 oz (2 small) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 1 lb Oreos
- Cream sugar, margarine, and cream cheese together.
- In separate bowl, mix milk and pudding.
- Blend Cool Whip first with pudding, then with cheese mixture.
- Crush Oreos.
- In large bowl, layer 1/2 cookies, pudding mixture, and other 1/2 cookies.