This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
I love my bread machine. I’m kind of a carbaholic, so being able to throw the ingredients into the bread machine and let it works its magic, while I get other things done is such a time saver!
I’m not a huge fan of biscuits, because they’re so dense, but soft, light, fluffy rolls? Sign me up!
I was actually trying to make them similar to Golden Corral’s rolls, because I may or may not go there solely to fill up on the white, fluffy, buttery goodness.
These aren’t exactly the same, but they do the trick for me! I’ve made these with both bread flour and all-purpose flour and they’re great both ways, but I prefer the texture the bread flour gives. Like most bread, it’s way better warm, so I always toast them in the toaster oven for a few minutes when they’re leftover, but fresh from the oven is still the best!
I used to bake them as completely separate rolls on a baking sheet, but they’re so much better all smooshed together! What can I say? I’m a middle-piece girl and when they all bake together, it’s like a whole pan of middle piece heaven!
So, go, eat carbs, and be merry.Print
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp bread machine yeast
- Put all ingredients into bread machine, according to your manufacturer’s directions.
- Set machine to dough cycle.
- When dough cycle is completed, divide dough into 24 pieces and shape each piece into a ball.
- Place each ball into a greased 13×9 baking pan, cover with a tea towel, and let rise in a warm place for 45-60 minutes
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutritional Information for 1 roll per My Fitness Pal: Calories – 92, Fat – 2g, Protein – 3g, Fiber – 1g, Carbs – 18g, Sodium – 29mg
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.