This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
Happy 4th of July!
Today has been a day of baby cuddles, catching up with friends (okay, really just one friend, Bethany, but she is such a good friend that she counts as more than one), dog sitting, enjoying the rain with cats in my lap, napping, watching some DVRed Dr. Quinn, and cooking. In other words, perfection.
And I made parfaits. Because everybody loves parfaits! (I’m channeling my inner Donkey here). And because parfaits have layers. Onions also have layers, but they are not as well-liked, though I do happen to have come caramelizing on my stove at the moment for our barbecue chicken wraps tonight.
But, back to the parfaits.
Red velvet cake (red) – white chocolate goodness (white) – blackberries (blue)
Patriotic and oh-so-tasty!
I wanted to make a special 4th of July food and I figure putting dessert in a wine glass instantly makes it special, right?
I threw together the cake last night (I used a box mix for the sake of time) and the rest only took me about 10 minutes to make and assemble today, so this was a very quick and easy dessert. And I think the layers make it look pretty, too. Bonus.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 (8oz) carton Cool Whip
- 1 (3.3 oz) box of instant white chocolate pudding mix
- Prepare cake, according to instructions on box, using eggs, oil, and water. Allow to cool.
- Prepare pudding, according to package directions. Let chill for 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in Cool Whip.
- Cut cake into 1″ cubes.
- Layer cake, pudding mixture, and blackberries into individual serving cups or a trifle dish.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.