This healthy 15 Bean Soup Instant Pot recipe is a meatless one-pot meal that cooks dried beans right in your Instant Pot with the soup.
15 Bean Soup Instant Pot Recipe
This Instant Pot soup starts with a package of Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup. It comes with its own seasoning packet, but we’re not going to use it for this recipe.
I used the 6-quart Duo Plus Instant Pot for this soup.
This recipe uses a heaping pile of veggies, making it healthy and so nutritious.
How to Make Bean Soup Using Dried Beans In Your Instant Pot
First, we’ll saute the onion, celery, and garlic in your Instant Pot.
Next, dump everything except the tomatoes and lemon juice into the pot. I also recommend holding off on the salt and pepper until the end. Salt can prevent the beans from cooking properly, so it’s better to season your soup after they are cooked!
The beauty of the Instant Pot is that the dried beans don’t require any soaking at all! If you choose to soak your beans, you will need to adjust the cooking time.
Pour in your broth. Homemade broth is always best, giving the most amount of flavor, but I also use boxed low sodium chicken broth and, lately, I’ve been using Better Than Bouillon chicken base and it is delicious!
When everything is in your pot, it’s time to close the lid, make sure your valve is set to “Sealing”, and set your pot to cook on high pressure for 45 minutes.
When your pot alerts you that the cooking is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 20 minutes, then carefully open the valve to release any remaining pressure.
And you’ll be met with a beautiful pot of soup, but we’re not quite done yet.
Now, add in the remaining ingredients – lemon juice, diced tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
You can choose to mash some of the beans at this point if you would like a thicker texture.
It’s perfect for a chilly evening, it freezes great, and it’s even more delicious reheated.
Serve it with some multigrain French bread or whole wheat crackers.
What do you serve with your 15 Bean Soup Instant Pot recipe? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (20 oz) bag Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup Blend, seasoning removed and beans rinsed well
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Tbs dried parsley
- 1 tsp liquid smoke, optional
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 3 Tbs lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Press the “Sauté” button on your Instant Pot. After it has preheated, pour in olive oil and add onion, celery, and garlic.
- Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Press the cancel button and make sure that no vegetables are cooked onto the bottom of the pan (this prevents the “Burn” notification during cooking).
- Add all remaining ingredients, excluding the tomatoes, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on the pot, making sure the valve is set to “Sealing.”
- Press the “Manual” button, set to high pressure, and set the time for 45 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 20 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure by carefully moving the valve to “Venting”.
- Stir in can of tomatoes and lemon juice, then season with salt and pepper according to your tastes.
- Mash some of the beans to thicken, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1/10
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 343mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 16gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Here are more Healthy Instant Pot Recipes you will enjoy.
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe – This Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe is the perfect easy one-pot meal to make for a fast weeknight dinner or for weekly meal prep.
Instant Pot Lentil Curry, Potatoes, & Zucchini Recipe – This creamy & delicious Instant Pot Lentil Curry recipe is an easy healthy dinner packed with zucchini, green lentils, & potatoes – great for meatless Mondays!
Instant Pot American Goulash & Green Beans Recipe – This Instant Pot American Goulash & Green Beans is a healthy one-pot meal that is easy to throw together with elbow macaroni, ground beef, veggies, & more.