Use these Bible verses to encourage and guide you in growing in your faithfulness to God, deepening your spiritual life and connection to the Lord.
Our whole lives as followers of Christ are rooted in faithfulness. It is not only a part of the fruit of the Spirit, making it evidence of the working of the Holy Spirit in our hearts, but it is also a quality that God calls us to throughout Scripture.
If there is anyone who encapsulates faithfulness, it is God. And because He calls us to faithfulness, we can learn from Him, and seek to grow in faithfulness through His Word.
Faithfulness is that quality that helps us to endure, to serve, and to be committed to God in every season. When we grow in faithfulness, we grow in our devotion and relationship with God.
There are plenty of Scriptures on faithfulness in the Bible, but here are 40 verses that you can use in your pursuit of faithfulness.
If there is anyone who encapsulates faithfulness it is God. He calls us to faithfulness too.
Use this list of Bible verses on being faithful to see God’s faithfulness and examples of how we can grow in our own faith, as well.
40 Bible Verses on Being Faithful
1. Matthew 25:21 – Good and Faithful Servant
“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
2. Galatians 5:22-25 – Fruit of the Spirit
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
3. 1 Corinthians 10:13 – God is Faithful to Provide a Way Out
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
4. 1 Corinthians 1:9 – God is Faithful
God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
5. 1 Peter 4:19 – In Suffering Commit Yourself to Your Faithful Creator
So then, those who suffer according to God’s will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.
6. 2 Timothy 2:13 – He Remains Faithful When We Are Faithless
If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
7. Hebrews 3:5 – Moses Was Faithful As A Servant of God
“Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,” bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future.
8. Hebrews 3:2 – Faithful To The One Who Appoints
He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house.
9. Revelation 2:10 – Be Faithful To God, Even To The Point Of Death
Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.
10. Luke 12:42-44 – Faithful and Wise Steward
The Lord answered, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom the master puts in charge of his servants to give them their food allowance at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
11. 1 Corinthians 4:2 – Prove To Be Faithful
Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
12. 1 John 1:9 –
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
13. Hebrews 10:23 – He Who Promised Is Faithful
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.
14. Romans 3:3 – Our Unfaithfulness Does Not Nullify God’s Faithfulness
What if some were unfaithful? Will their unfaithfulness nullify God’s faithfulness?
15. Revelation 17:14 – Called, Chosen and Faithful Followers
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings — and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.
16. Hebrews 11:11 – He Is Faithful To Keep His Promises
And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise.
17. Colossians 1:7 – Faithful Minister of Christ
You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf.
18. Revelation 19:11 – He Is Called Faithful And True
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.
19. Hebrews 2:17 – He Is A Faithful High Priest
For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
20. Ephesians 1:1 – God’s People Are Called The Faithful
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, to God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus.
21. Deuteronomy 7:9 – He Is The Faithful God, Keeping His Covenant
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.
22. Colossians 1:2 – Faithful Brothers And Sisters In Christ
To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters in Christ: Grace and peace to you from God our Father.
23. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 – The Lord Is Faithful
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
24. Psalm 36:5 – His Faithfulness Reaches To The Skies
Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.
25. Proverbs 28:20 – The Faithful Person Is Richly Blessed
A faithful person will be richly blessed, but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.
26. Hebrews 3:6 – Christ Is A Faithful Son Over God’s House
But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
27. 1 Corinthians 4:17 – Faithful In The Lord
For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the Lord. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
28. Ephesians 6:21 – Faithful Servant In The Lord
Tychicus, the dear brother and faithful servant in the Lord, will tell you everything, so that you also may know how I am and what I am doing.
29. Psalm 40:10 – Speak of His Faithfulness
I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness from the great assembly.
30. Revelation 1:5 – Faithful Witness
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood.
31. Titus 1:6 – An Elder Must Be Faithful To His Wife
An elder must be blameless, faithful to his wife, a man whose children believe and are not open to the charge of being wild and disobedient.
32. Deuteronomy 32:4 – He Is A Faithful God Who Does No Wrong
He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he.
33. 1 Samuel 12:24 – Serve Him Faithfully
But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
34. Luke 16:10 – Be Faithful With The Little
Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much.
35. Proverbs 3:3 – Never Let Faithfulness Leave You
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
36. Deuteronomy 6:5 – Showing Faithfulness To God Through Your Love
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
37. Psalm 31:23 – Love Him, His Faithful People
Love the Lord, all his faithful people! The Lord preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full.
38. James 1:12 – Be Faithful Under Trial
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
39. Psalm 89:8 – His Faithfulness Surrounds Him
Who is like you, Lord God Almighty? You, Lord, are mighty, and your faithfulness surrounds you.
40. Psalm 91:4 – His Faithfulness Will Be Your Shield
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.