This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
This is one of my family’s favorite recipes, even though it’s “just a sandwich.” Until about a month ago, I thought my mom had created this sandwich specifically for my dad and named it after him. My sisters, mom, and I were always labeled “Charlie’s angels,” so I just figured the sandwich was just following suit in the “Charlie’s *insert something here*” labeling game.
I was wrong.
Apparently, she got the name and recipe from someone else, but it doesn’t make it any less tasty and I still think about my dad every time I make these.
This sandwich has the perfect combination of crunchiness, cheesiness, and tangy zip. They are so fast, easy, and tasty! And I only have to use one pan. Less dishes is always a plus in my book!
- 4 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs Miracle Whip
- salt and pepper to taste
- Beat the eggs with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into a small sauce pan and scramble until the eggs are no longer liquidy.
- Remove the pan from heat, sprinkle the cheese on the eggs, and cover.
- While the cheese is melting, toast the bread.
- When the bread is ready, spread Miracle Whip evenly on all four slices.
- Divide the eggs in two and place half of them on one piece of bread and half on another and top with the remaining two slices of bread.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.