This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
Most of the time, I really like store bought bread. There are so many different varieties out there that I never get bored.
But sometimes, homemade bread just ups the ante from a normal meal to a special one. It would be the perfect addition to a brunch.
The fresh herbs in this quick bread totally bring it to another level, but I bet dried herbs would work just fine in a pinch.
This stuff is fantastic fresh from the oven, but my favorite way to eat it is toasted (the cheese in the bread gets perfectly melty) and topped with a piece of lettuce and Creamy Egg Salad.
But…plain ol’ butter is pretty delicious, too!Print
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbs cold butter, cubed
- 1 Tbs fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut butter into dry mixture.
- When mixture is crumbly, mix in fresh herbs, egg, and milk.
- Stir in cheese.
- Spread mixture into a greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.