This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
Some friends of mine from church just threw their annual harvest party. Their story behind the party is actually pretty awesome! They just are really grateful for everything God has blessed them with, so they want to bring the people they love together and celebrate with thankfulness.
So, obviously, I had to come up with a new recipe to take with me! And since I am soaking up every bit of Fall that I can this year, I wanted to make the dish as harvest/fall-like as possible!
And what screams Fall more than butternut squash, cranberries, and walnuts?
Well, maybe pumpkin spice or salted caramel, but there was just no good way to squeeze them into this recipe.
The quinoa brings in the protein, the nuts have the healthy fat, the spinach and butternut squash take care of the vegetables, and the dried cranberries bring in the fruit.
It’s a well balanced meal, all in one!
And with the vibrant orange squash, bright green spinach, and deep red cranberries, it is an incredible way to eat the rainbow and nourish your body with all kinds of different nutrients.Print
- Place quinoa and chicken stock in a medium sauce pan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, squash, and garlic.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 12-15 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Stir in baby spinach and wilt slightly.
- Mix squash mixture into quinoa, then stir in cranberries, walnuts, and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
- Serving Size: 8-10 servings
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.