This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
It is officially hot in Arizona now. It’s 98 degrees as I’m typing this. You wouldn’t think this would be soup weather, but I had potatoes that I needed to use and…I felt like potato soup.
All of the goodness of a twice baked potato packed into a bowl of creamy, cheesy, bacon-y soup. It’s comfort food to the max!
I am a major texture person and the combination of crispy bacon, soft potatoes, crunchy corn, fresh green onions, creamy soup, and melted cheese results in a whole heck of a lot of deliciousness.
This would be a wonderful way to warm up on a chilly winter night (baby, it’s cold outside!), but, as I am proving right now, it is just as delicious when the weather doesn’t necessarily call for soup.
It’s creamy and flavorful and oh-so-tasty. It’s definitely not the healthiest dish on the block, but I want to make this again already. Life is short. Eat food that tastes good.Print
- 1 lb bacon, diced
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs flour
- 4 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 cube low sodium chicken bouillon
- 4 medium Russet potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook bacon in a stock pot until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside. Drain all but 3 tablespoons of the grease.
- Add green onions and garlic and saute in the bacon grease for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for another 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking to incorporate. Add the chicken bouillon.
- While stirring, heat until the mixture boils and begins to thicken.
- Add the cubed potatoes and half of the cooked bacon.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the mixture, as desired. (I blended mine for about 30 seconds and there were very few large chunks of potato)
- Stir in white pepper, salt, paprika, corn, and sour cream.
- Serve, topping with sour cream, bacon, cheese, and green onions, as desired.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.