This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
These Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Bites bring the perfect balance of cheesy deliciousness mixed and healthy, protein-packed goodness you can feel good about eating.
*This post contains affiliate links.
I have absolutely no idea why, but the combination of spinach and artichoke always reminds me of Valentine’s Day. Maybe I had a spinach artichoke pizza one year on February 14th or something. I have no idea, but that association is concrete in my mind for some reason!
So, when I was brainstorming flavors for recipes to make in February, I knew I needed to make a spinach artichoke quinoa bite. Because spinach is delicious (and healthy!). The artichokes add a unique flavor depth. And together, they are a power couple (See? Perfect for Valentine’s Day!).
By the way, I had a first date on Valentine’s Day this year (brave guy, right?). We planned a low-key afternoon coffee date that turned into a park-walking date, then a dinner date, then a movie date. We spent practically the whole day together in comfortable conversation – a Valentine’s Day success, for sure!
Buut back to the quinoa bites.
Spinach Artichoke Quinoa Bites
As all quinoa bites are, these are SUPER simple and easy to throw together.
Just cook your quinoa and preheat the oven.
Gather all of the rest of your ingredients together.
Stir everything together (make sure the spinach is mixed in evenly – it can clump a little bit!).
Bake them up and 15 minutes later, you’ve got yourself a healthy and delicious snack, appetizer, or lunch.
I’m a big fan of dipping quinoa bites since they are such a great finger food. I dipped these in ranch, but they would also be fantastic in a cream cheese dip of some kind.
And they freeze great, so make a batch and keep them in a frozen in a freezer bag and grab as many as you need for a last-minute lunch or easy to grab snack.
Happy quinoa biting!
And happy belated Valentine’s Day. I hope you had a great one!Print
- 2/3 c. uncooked quinoa
- 1 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- ½ c. finely chopped artichoke hearts
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 c Panko bread crumbs
- Add quinoa and chicken broth to a medium sauce pan.
- Heat to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and add all remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a cookie scoop to make bites and put on silicone baking sheet 1″ apart OR distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), pressing gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.