Are you going through a season of change in your life & looking for more peace in the transition? Check out these Bible verses about change.
Change is truly the one constant in life. Whether you thrive on change or try to avoid it at all costs, change can be daunting yet filled with opportunity. Things can change for the better or for the worse, but it’s always inevitable!
Everyone experiences change differently:
- It could feel new and exciting (are you a 7 on the Enneagram? This could be you!).
- It could feel scary and unpredictable.
- It could fill your heart with worries of an unknown future.
- It could make you feel nervous and unsure of your next steps.
Whatever your view of change, one of Christ’s primary objectives in our lives is for us to change – for the better, even when our circumstances don’t. He is far more interested in our hearts, and lovingly corrects and shapes us as we put our trust in Him.
If You’re Struggling With Change, Try:
- memorizing a Bible verse from the list below
- prayer journaling
- praying this prayer for stress
- taking your thoughts captive and making them obedient to Christ
- dive deeper into Scripture on the feelings you’re experiencing around this change – overwhelmed, needing wisdom, looking for contentment, looking for ways to grow, struggling with your identity, or fighting doubt or temptation – there’s a verse for that!
So whether you’re approaching an unknown season in life, whether you’re adapting to a new stage of life, or you are trying to find peace in the changes, I hope these Bible verses about change will do that for you.
All Bible verses are from the New International Version (NIV).
Scripture About Change
1. 2 Corinthians 5:17 – You Are A New Person In Christ Jesus
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
How many of us have done regrettable things in our past? Who can remember a time when they didn’t like the person they saw in the mirror?
Whatever you’ve done or whoever you’ve been in the past, Jesus Christ has come to make you a new creation! The old person, with its sinful desires, is no longer who rules in this house, because the rightful King now sits on the throne. He changes us by giving us a new identity.
2. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 – There Is A Time And Season For Everything
There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.
Life comes in seasons. There is a time when we are born and a time when we die. As we walk through life we’ll find ourselves in times of joy and times of sorrow. We’ll plant and uproot. We’ll build and at other times tear down.
There are times when we need to speak up and times when we need to refrain from speaking. Just like the seasons in nature, we can find contentment in our current season knowing that it all has a beginning and an end.
3. Hebrews 13:8 – Jesus Remains The Same Through All Life’s Changes
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
When everything is constantly changing, it can be tough to feel grounded in those changes. What I love about the character of Christ is that He is the only constant in the changes we face.
He is the same yesterday, today and forever. When life feels unstable, He is our steady Rock. He is the same faithful God in one season as He is in the next season. Cling to Him through all the changes.
4. Ephesians 4:22-24 – Put Off The Old Corrupted Self And Put On The New Self Found In Christ
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
As we grow in Christ, we begin to see a difference in who we are and what we value now compared to the past. There is a change that we can daily pursue, in being renewed in the attitude of our minds and consciously deciding to put off our old self and put on who Christ calls us to be.
He made us to reflect Him, and we do so when we put off sin.
5. Numbers 23:19 – God Acts On His Word
God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
As humans not only do we change, but those around us change too. We change our minds about important things and we change our mind about trivial things. We change our routines, careers, relationships and sometimes we even go back on our word.
Unlike us, He does not lie, or change His mind. When He speaks, He acts upon it. And what He promises, He fulfills. We can rest assured in the words and promises of our unchanging God.
6. Isaiah 43:18-19 – Fix Your Eyes On The New Things The Lord Wants To Do In Your Life
Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
We can become so fixated on the past that we can’t see the new thing that lies ahead of us. This can be especially difficult when you experience hurt or betrayal in relationships. It is hard to open up to new friendships, or trust the intentions of others.
But we are called not to dwell on the things of the past, so we can set our eyes forward, seeing what new work the Lord is doing in our lives.
7. Titus 3:5 – He Has Renewed Us Through His Spirit
He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
8. Revelation 21:5 – The Lord Is Making Everything New
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
9. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 – Scripture Is Meant To Shape Us
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
10. Romans 12:1-2 – Don’t Conform To The World, Be Transformed By Renewing Your Mind
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
11. Malachi 3:6 – The Lord Does Not Change, Thus Spares Us In His Mercy
I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.
12. Philippians 3:21 – Christ Will Transform Our Earthly Bodies To Glorious Bodies
Who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.
13. Lamentations 3:21-23 – The Lord’s Compassion Never Changes, It Is New Every Morning
Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
14. Philippians 4:6-7 – Pray In Times When You Prone To Anxiousness
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
15. Psalm 18:2 – The Lord Is Our Steady Rock and Stronghold
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
16. Colossians 3:10 – We Are Renewed As We Get To Know The Lord
And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
17. 2 Corinthians 4:16 – Fix Your Eyes On What Is Unseen Because It Is Eternal
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.