This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
I scribbled out food doodles, played with recipes, wrote up grocery lists and made it happen!
And…it certainly helped my productivity to have a four-day weekend (in Tucson, we actually get days off of school for the rodeo – crazy, but a very welcome break!).
For this recipe, I decided to combine three of my favorite things: cake, cheesecake, and caramel.
Whether you eat it layer-by-layer or you mix it all together, this one’s a winner!
I used 8 oz mason jars, but you could use regular glasses, wine glasses…anything you’d like! But I’m totally in a mason jar phase. Everything tastes better in a cute little wide-mouthed vessel.
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- 1 (16.25 oz) box white cake mix, prepared according to packaged directions, adding 10 drops green food coloring, and cut into small cubes
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Green and yellow sprinkles, optional
- Beat cream cheese in an electric mixer. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
- Add vanilla, sugar, and whipping cream and whip on medium-high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Transfer cheesecake mixture to a piping bag.
- Drizzle about 1/2 tsp caramel topping in the bottom of the mason jars or glasses.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cake cubes on top of the caramel.
- Pipe 1/4 cup of the cheesecake mixture into the jars.
- Repeat the caramel, then cake, then cheesecake layers.
- Top with sprinkles, if desired.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.