This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
This Creamy Fajita Pasta with tender whole-wheat pasta, chicken, and bell peppers is an easy, healthy, and flavorful one-skillet meal.
Do you ever listen to Pandora? I am slightly addicted. There’s that phrase, “There’s an app for that,” but in my case, it’s more like, “There’s a Pandora station for that.”
I have a relaxation Pandora station full of The Piano Guys and instrumental hymns that I play while I write. I have a soft praise and worship station that I listen to Sunday mornings and an energetic praise and worship station that I listen to in the shower. I have a Pentatonix and Straight No Chaser station that I rock out to while I wash dishes at night and don’t even get me started on all of my various Christmas music stations (that I only play October through December). There’s just something for every mood!
I love putting music on almost all the time, but especially when I cook. It’s way more fun to dance around the kitchen and toss ingredients into the pan with style than to just go through the motions.
So, that’s exactly what I did while I made this Creamy Fajita Pasta! And, in my professional opinion, I think you should do the same. Just another way to add a punch of joy to your day!
Creamy Fajita Pasta
Heat your oil in a skillet and cook your onions until they are nice and golden brown. Don’t rush it. I mean, it’ll taste fine, but when you get some color on there, it’s a game-changer!
Then cook your chicken and peppers for a minute and throw the rest of the ingredients into the skillet.
Stir it all up, cover it, bring it to a boil, and let the skillet work its magic.
Cook for about 15 minutes, until the pasta is tender.
And you have yourself a one-skillet complete meal – lean protein, veggies, whole grains…all the good, healthy stuff in a way that actually tastes good!
Do you have a favorite song you like to cook to? If you do, I want to hear it! I love expanding my music repertoire.Print
- 1 Tbs avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until golden.
- Add chicken and peppers and cook for about a minute.
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and pasta.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then turn down heat & simmer for 15 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt and serve.