This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
I seriously miss blogging about food. Cooking food. Baking food.
I guess technically, all I’ve done for the past 15 days is blog about food, but listing juice ingredients is just not the same.And then I remembered. The day before we started juicing, I made Enchilada Pizza! I had written down the recipe and taken pictures and then completely forgotten about it…until now. So, ever so happily, I bring to you – food! That was baked in an oven (such a novelty at this point!)!
First, grab a can of the awesomely easy Pillsbury Dough Sheets. It’s like one massive crescent roll – I love it! When you unroll it, you’ll need to press the dough a bit to get it to spread out to cover the pan. It doesn’t really need to fit your pan exactly, I just happened to have a cookie sheet that it did fit exactly.
Now break out the refried beans. Homemade, store bought, any brand you’d like! Spread it across your dough, leaving enough dough uncovered around the edges to have a crust.
Brown some ground beef, onions, garlic, and simmer it in some enchilada sauce before spreading that on the pizza, too. Then sprinkle on the cheese and it’s ready to bake!
Let it cool for a minute or two before you cut into it, then sprinkle shredded lettuce, sour cream, hot sauce, and whatever other ingredients appeal to you (think olives, tomatoes, salsa, jalapeños, etc) and enjoy!
The crescent dough makes a warm, flaky crust, the toppings are flavorful and fiesta-y, and the lettuce and sour cream add a cool, refreshing crunch to finish it up. It was the perfect way to get my Mexican fix with ingredients I already had on hand!
This recipe would VERY easily double, but there are only 2 of us here, so we didn’t really need 2 whole pizzas. I was planning on using the extra beans and meat in another recipe, but that plan got sidetracked with the juicing!
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 of a 10oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 of a 16oz can refried beans
- 1 cup of Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- light sour cream, hot sauce, salsa, or any other toppings, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the dough sheet and press dough into a rectangle onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 12" by 9".
- Brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic, drain. Add enchilada sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Spread beans across the dough sheet, leaving about 1/2" of the outside edge of the dough uncovered.
- Spread ground beef mixture across the dough. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into 6 slices.
- Sprinkle with shredded lettuce, hot sauce, and sour cream.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.