This Veggie Pizza is a crescent roll crust topped with cream cheese and a variety of vegetables, making it a healthy appetizer and perfect party food!
When I was first learning to cook, I needed very specific recipes and I would follow them to. the. letter.
I was starting from scratch and would always have a million panicked questions in the course of making a meal.
How much salt and pepper does it take “to taste”?!
“Reduce heat” to what temperature?!How thick is “until thickened”?! You get the picture. My cooking confidence has increased a great deal since those days, which is a good thing, because when I called my mom the other day for the recipe for Veggie Pizza, she listed a few key ingredients and concluded with, “You know, there isn’t really a recipe. Just add what you like and taste as you go!”
I like a cooking challenge.
So, I did just that!
For the spread, I use just enough Greek yogurt to thin out the cream cheese a little and enough ranch seasoning to be flavorful, but not overpowering and then I just went with it!
I thought of the veggies I like most, chopped ’em up and sprinkled them on top and I encourage you to do the same.
Vegetables That Work Well On Veggie Pizza
- green onions
- bell peppers
- red onions
And, voila! It really is that easy. And it makes a fantastic healthy party food!
I made this the night before and covered it, so all I had to do on party day was cut and plate – simple and delicious.
P.S. The middle pieces are the best, as they always are. Just FYI.
- 2 pkgs crescent rolls
- 8 oz Neufchatel 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, stems removed, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, diced
- Unroll crescent roll dough and press into large cookie sheet, pressing seams together.
- Bake crescent roll dough according to package directions (375 degrees for 13-17 minutes). Cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, yogurt, and dry ranch seasoning.
- Spread cream cheese mixture across crescent roll crust.
- Sprinkle vegetables evenly over the pizza, gently pressing them into the cream cheese mixture.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 piece (1/24th)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 299mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g