This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
When I was first learning to cook, I needed very specific recipes and I would follow them to. the. letter. I was starting from scratch and would always have a million panicked questions in the course of making a meal – How much salt and pepper does it take “to taste”?!
“Reduce heat” to what temperature?!
How thick is “until thickened”?!
You get the picture.
My cooking confidence has increased a great deal since those days, which is a good thing, because when I called my mom the other day for the recipe for Veggie Pizza, she listed a few key ingredients and concluded with, “You know, there isn’t really a recipe. Just add what you like and taste as you go!”
I like a cooking challenge.
So, I did just that! For the spread, I added enough mayo (note- my mom uses Miracle Whip, because she’s addicted to the tangy zip!) to thin it out a little and enough ranch seasoning to be flavorful, but not overpowering and just went with it! I thought of the veggies I like most, chopped ’em up and sprinkled them on top…
And, voila! It really is that easy. And it makes a fantastic party food! I made this the night before and covered it, so all I had to do on party day was cut and plate – simple and delicious.
P.S. The middle pieces are the best, as they always are. Just FYI.
- 2 pkgs crescent rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup raw broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 2 bell peppers, stems removed, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, diced
- Unroll crescent roll dough and press into large cookie sheet, pressing seams together.
- Bake crescent roll dough according to package directions. Cool.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and dry ranch seasoning.
- Spread cream cheese mixture across crescent roll crust.
- Sprinkle vegetables evenly over the pizza, gently pressing them into the cream cheese mixture.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.