This Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookie recipe has a delicious blend of creamy hazelnut spread with peanut butter in these soft, chewy cookies.
I have this cookie recipe. I accidentally came up with it 3 years ago. I was supposed to be making a massive amount of cookies to bring on a church camping trip, so I was trying a bunch of different cookie recipes and just couldn’t find one that I loved.
One night, I decided to just try it on my own. I started going through the pantry and throwing in any ingredient that sounded good in proportions that “felt” good.
I finally loved them and they seemed to be a hit wherever I took them.
Up to date, I haven’t shared that exact recipe with anyone.
Acquaintances, friends, family…nobody gets this recipe.
This Nutella cookie isn’t that recipe. But it is a variation of that recipe that we love!
Because, come on, it involves Nutella. You just can’t go wrong with Nutella.
The soft and chewiness and subtle sweet/salty combination make these little guys are the bomb.
Or is it da bomb?
Despite working in a public middle school, I’m so not up on my hipness.
Unless we’re talking about my actual hips, which are doing just fine thanks to these cookies. *ahem*
I’ve made about 5 batches of these cookies so far and they always disappear quickly, which is my favorite way to measure deliciousness.
So, to sum up – I have a secret cookie recipe, this isn’t it, I have pudgy hips, Nutella, Nutella, Nutella, eat these.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and Nutella.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients into the cookie batter.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet, placing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.