This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
I have this cookie recipe. I accidentally came up with it 3 years ago. I was supposed to be making a massive amount of cookies to bring on a church camping trip, so I was trying a bunch of different cookie recipes and just couldn’t find one that I loved.
One night, I decided to just try it on my own. I started going through the pantry and throwing in any ingredient that sounded good in proportions that “felt” good.
I finally loved them and they seemed to be a hit wherever I took them.
Up to date, I haven’t shared that exact recipe with anyone.
Acquaintances, friends, family…nobody gets this recipe.
This Nutella cookie isn’t that recipe. But it is a variation of that recipe that we love!
Because, come on, it involves Nutella. You just can’t go wrong with Nutella.
The soft and chewiness and subtle sweet/salty combination make these little guys are the bomb.
Or is it da bomb?
Despite working in a public middle school, I’m so not up on my hipness.
Unless we’re talking about my actual hips, which are doing just fine thanks to these cookies. *ahem*
I’ve made about 5 batches of these cookies so far and they always disappear quickly, which is my favorite way to measure deliciousness.
So, to sum up – I have a secret cookie recipe, this isn’t it, I have pudgy hips, Nutella, Nutella, Nutella, eat these.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and brown sugar together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and Nutella.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, pudding mix, and salt.
- Mix dry ingredients into the cookie batter.
- Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet, placing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.