This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
I love cupcakes. I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned it before, but they just make me so happy! An individual, perfectly proportioned little serving size of fluffy, cakey goodness…it just doesn’t get any better than that!
This is my favorite cupcake so far. It has a subtle white chocolate flavor, but it’s so versatile! I have filled these cupcakes with blackberry preserves, simply topped them with whipped cream and strawberries, and I’m sure I’ll be doing something different with them next time. Everything we’ve tried so far has been good!
This time, we also sprinkled white chocolate chips on top and I loved the crunch, flavor, and sweetness that they added, but they certainly aren’t required!
Don’t let the buttermilk scare you away either. I never have buttermilk in the house, so I just use skim milk and add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per cup of milk and let it sit for about 5 minutes before I add it to the recipe. Easy peasy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 1 Tbs lemon juice)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 (3.4oz) box white chocolate Jello pudding mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the buttermilk, eggs, and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and pudding mix.
- Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spoon mixture into a greased muffin tin, filling each container 2/3 of the way to the top.
- Bake 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.