This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting So Very Blessed!
These are so easy to make that I almost didn’t post the recipe. The hardest part is waiting for them to cool! I love making baked goods from scratch, but my husband loves boxed brownie mixes so much that I promised I would leave them untouched. Almost. I almost never use the full amount of oil in them anymore, because it adds so many calories and we both like the cakeyness that substituting some unsweetened applesauce adds.
I’m sure that I could have done more to make these a bit more fancy, like drizzle chocolate over them or make a graham cracker crust, but s’mores are simple, so I wanted the brownies to follow suit.
And I always love recipes that are quick, easy, and delicious!Print
- 1 box brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker’s family size fudge brownies)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1-10.5oz bag mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars
- 20 graham cracker pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, applesauce, oil, and brownie mix together, just until combined.
- Spread batter into a greased 13″x9″ glass pan.
- Bake for 24 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Pour the bag of marshmallows on top of the brownies and spread evenly.
- Put back in the oven and bake for about 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Using a greased plastic knife, cut brownies into 20 pieces.
- Insert one graham cracker piece into each brownie.
- Break Hershey’s bars into individual squares and set one square on each brownie.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.