This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
This is the time of year(ish) when gardens are overrun with zucchini and people scramble for different ways they can use them up.
I want to be one of those people, but I stink at gardening. Well, that’s not entirely accurate. I’ve never really tried gardening.
1) Because we live in the land of dirt and pokey things and I have a hard time believing things will grow here.
2) Because I can barely keep my bamboo alive. That’s supposed to be just about the easiest plant to keep alive. Ever. Besides possibly a cactus and, believe me, there are enough of those here.
So, every year I get jealous of all the “I’m overrun with zucchini” posts and instead, I buy my zucchini from Sprouts.
But if you’re lucky enough to be overrun with zucchini, you can add this recipe to your list of ways to use up your abundant supply.
It’s healthy. It’s easy. It’s delicious.
Did I mention it’s easy? The hardest part is taking them all out of the mini muffin tins, which, by the way is a lot easier if you use a spoon to gently loosen the edges. It’s my go-to quinoa bite releasing method.
And, please use fresh basil. If you are overrun with zucchini, it probably means you’re a good gardener and most good gardens have fresh basil.
So, I’ve heard.
I dipped mine in ranch dressing, but these babies are versatile. You could go crazy and dip them in something wild like hummus or sour cream & onion dip.
But you should also dip these. Mostly because it makes eating them (and anything) more fun. It adds another dimension to eating and I’m pretty sure it burns extra calories, so it’s basically a way to exercise and eat at the same time.
To sum up:
Plant zucchini. And basil. Make these. Dip. Dip. Repeat.Print
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), pressing gently to compact.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.