I’ve avoided sweet potatoes like the plague for my entire life. I was convinced potatoes were meant to be white, not orange, and they most certainly were not meant to be sweet.I was utterly and completely wrong. I’ve been missing out on nutritious orange goodness for 25 years!
But, no more! Our new diet lifestyle places a big emphasis on eating sweet potatoes multiple times a week and I can honestly say that I’m excited about that now!
I highly recommend you use good quality chicken sausage. We used chicken sausage from Sprouts – 2 links of sweet Italian and 2 links of French apple. Daniel doesn’t like sausage at all, but he loved this!
I was counting down the minutes until lunch the next day, because I had these leftovers waiting for me in the fridge and they were still fabulous! It’s 18 degrees in Tucson right now and warm, flavorful food is the way to go!
Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes & Chicken Sausage
- Yield: 4-6
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb chicken sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper into a large roasting pan.
- Remove the casings from the chicken sausage and dollop 1 inch pieces evenly over the sweet potato mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and mix to combine.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 20 minutes.