This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you.
It’s day 3 of Meat Week!
Today, I’m mixing it up a bit and using ground turkey instead of ground beef, making these burgers lighter and healthier than the rest of the week.
This burger is also lacking cheese, because it really just didn’t need it!
The burgers themselves combine ground turkey, garlic, breadcrumbs, minced garlic, green onions, pepper, and teriyaki sauce to make a moist and tender patty.
It’s topped with a teriyaki mayonnaise (yum!) and grilled pineapple (double yum!)!
But, don’t use canned pineapple like I did. It was handily already in our pantry and I was trying to use it up, but…don’t do it. Get the fresh stuff. Because grilled pineapple is a thing of beauty and the canned stuff is just too thin to bring out the entirety of the warm, juicy goodness.
There was a restaurant in the town where I grew up in Colorado that served a teriyaki burger and it was such a great burger, but they used canned pineapple and it really just ruined it. You’d think I would have remembered that lesson, but apparently I’m a little thick headed.
So, learn from my mistakes. Don’t do it.
Even with the canned pineapple, this was one of my favorite burgers of the week!
Stay tuned, two more burgers are coming your way!Print
For the burgers
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 3 Tbs breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
For the toppings
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs teriyaki sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- Mix together ground turkey, breadcrumbs, teriyaki sauce, garlic, green onions, and pepper.
- Divide meat into 4 equal pieces and shape into patties.
- Grill both the burgers and the pineapple rings, covered, over high heat for 5-8 minutes (less for the pineapple, depending on how thick the slices are) per side, or until meat temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- While the burgers are cooking, mix together the 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1 Tbs teriyaki sauce.
- Remove the burgers and pineapple from the grill.
- Place a burger patty, a pineapple ring, and ~1 Tbs teriyaki mayonnaise on each hamburger bun.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.