This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission from purchased products at no additional cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
We ended up eating Red Robin for dinner instead of grilling ourselves, but I did think up a fun dessert to have with it! Because, honestly, I run because I love to eat. And I love to eat Snickers. And Rice Krispy Treats. And combining things you love makes them doubly as delicious (err…with some things, anyways), so that’s exactly what I did!
I tried to take the flavors of a Snickers bar, along with actual Snickers bars, to come up with a new take on Rice Krispy Treats…and, boy, did it work! Between the sweet caramel topping, the crunchy honey roasted peanuts, and the drizzle of chocolate on top, I think we captured the Snickers essence!
Seriously. Try them.
I initially cut them into 12 pieces, but they are definitely rich enough that you can cut them much smaller! After our first pieces, I went back and each piece in half or fourths, depending on the size of the piece. Have I mentioned I’m not exactly an even cutter? I save the big pieces for the people that are nicest to me.
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel topping
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 2 Snickers bars, chopped
- 3 Tbs semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add caramel topping and mix thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies until evenly coated.
- Stir in the peanuts and chopped Snickers bars.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 pan and press lightly with a greased spatula to pack.
- Melt chocolate chips, drizzle over treats, and let cool.
Ready to Jump Start Your Weight Loss Journey?
Sign up for my weekly emails and get your free Christian weight loss guide, along with weight loss tips, healthy recipes, and faithful encouragement for keeping God the center of your weight loss journey.